KENT MEMORIAL LIBRARY (SUFFIELD) UPDATE – APPOINTMENTS
Effective Tuesday, September 22nd The Kent Memorial Library in Suffield is pleased to announce the opening of our building by appointment.
Appointments will be available as follows:*
Tuesdays: 11am – 6pm
45 minute appointments to begin at the top of the hour from
11am – 11:45am; 12pm – 12:45pm; with our last appointment at 5pm – 5:45pm
*Hours and availability subject to change. Please check our website for up-to-date details.
To ensure maximum safety of library staff and library patrons, the following guidelines have been established.
HOW WILL APPOINTMENTS WORK?
- Appointments may be made through our online reservation system EventKeeper in the same way patrons have registered for programs. Appointments may also be made over the phone.
- Register by selecting the primary area of their visit:
- General browsing & circulation,
- Reference & computer/copier/printer usage,
- Children & Teen area.
- Four (4) slots will be available per hour in each of the above three zones.
- Appointments will be 45 minutes long. Patrons are asked to arrive on time for their appointment, as a firm end time will be enforced to uphold proper cleaning between groups.
- Patrons over the age of 2 are required to bring and wear masks or cloth face coverings that completely cover the nose and mouth, unless doing so would be contrary to their health or safety due to a medical condition, in which case Library Staff will gladly pull items to be picked up during our curbside hours.
- All items must be returned into the Book Drop box.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of walk-up appointments.
All staff wear masks & gloves per CDC Guidelines.
Please note: Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines will be enforced. Patrons who enter the building also agree to social distancing guidelines, signage, and direction given by Library staff.