ANYTHING GOES – STORY CONTEST FOR ALL AGES
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION
It’s time for another short story contest at the Kent Memorial Library. This one is different as participants can write about any topic they would like. There are stipulations though, so here are the rules:
- Original, unpublished short stories containing 1,000 words or less, written by Suffield residents, will be accepted for the contest at the Kent Memorial Library, from February 1 until February 28, 2017. Non-resident students in Suffield public schools can also enter the contest.
- All short stories must be attached to an application form available on the library’s website or at the library.
- Entries must be typed, single-spaced in a 12 point font.
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes will be awarded by The Friends of Kent Memorial Library in 5 age groups:
- First Grade-Second Grade
- Third Grade-Fifth Grade
- Sixth Grade-Eighth Grade
- Ninth Grade-Twelth Grade
- 1st prize is $25
- 2nd prize is $10
- 3rd prize is $5
- Winners of the short story contest will be asked to read their stories on Saturday, March 11.