Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 6:45 p.m.
Please register at the library 860-668-3896
Do you want to feel good about the energy that you are using? Do you want to help fight climate change? The Connecticut Chapter Sierra Club and 350CT will present an educational forum on gas pipelines in Connecticut and renewable alternatives.
Right now, there are several fracked gas pipeline projects proposed for our State and construction is already underway on other projects. What does this mean for Connecticut? What does this mean for you?
Please attend the forum if you want answers to the following questions:
- How will pipeline expansions affect the health and safety of local residents like me?
- How will the cost of these new projects affect my energy bill?
- Is methane, or fracked, natural gas, really a bridge fuel?
- How does leaked methane impact climate change?
- What are the potential effects on drinking water and sensitive ecosystems?
- More fracking = more toxic, radioactive waste. What does this mean for CT?
- How can I support renewable energy in CT?